15 minutes preparation + 25 minutes cooking
3 serves of vegies in this recipe
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¾ cup white self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon paprika or curry powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly spray muffin trays with oil. Sift flours into a large bowl, returning husks to the bowl. Add paprika and fold in carrot, parsnip, cheese and herbs. In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients. Lightly combine but do not over-mix. Spoon into a greased 12 - muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
These muffins freeze well and can be defrosted and microwaved to serve warm.
Serve with low-fat cheese such as cottage cheese, quark or labneh.
|Serves in this recipe: 12|
|Serve size: 69g|
|Quantity per serving||Quantity per 100g|