A collection of resource materials for the Nutrient Reference Values.
Please note that the Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand (Including Recommended Dietary Intakes) hard copy document is no longer available for order.
2006 Nutrient Reference Values
NHMRC endorsed the NRVs on 9 September 2005, under Section 7(1)(a) of the NHMRC Act 1992. These were published in 2006.
- 2006 NRV report (includes 2017 updates)
- 2006 NRV executive summary (includes 2017 updates)
- 2006 NRV evidence appendix
2017 revisions of the Nutrient Reference Values
Updates to the guideline recommendations for fluoride for 0-8 year olds and sodium for adults were approved by the CEO of the NHMRC on 21 November 2016 and 13 July 2017 respectively, under Section 14A of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992.
The supporting material listed below including the Methodological Framework, literature reviews and evidence summaries are authored by the Australian Government Department of Health and New Zealand Ministry of Health.
- NRV Methodological Framework (PDF, 1MB)
- Supporting Document - General principles for establishing safe ULs (PDF, 674KB)
Fluoride NRV 2017 supporting documents
- Australian and New Zealand Nutrient Reference Values for Fluoride (containing recommendations) (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Flouride NRV: Supporting Documents Part 1 (PDF, 381KB)
- Fluoride NRV: Supporting Documents Part 2 (PDF, 45KB)
- Fluoride NRV: Supporting Documents Part 3 (PDF, 188KB)
- Fluoride NRV: Supporting Documents Part 4 (PDF, 494KB)
- Fluoride NRV: Administrative Report (PDF, 157KB)
Sodium NRV 2017 supporting documents
- Australian and New Zealand Nutrient Reference Values for Sodium (containing recommendations) (PDF, 8.9MB)
- Sodium NRV: Systematic Literature Review (Supporting Document Part 1) (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Sodium NRV: Statistical Analysis (Supporting Document Part 2) (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Sodium NRV: Review of Dietary Modelling (Supporting Document Part 3) (PDF, 380KB)
- Sodium NRV: Administrative Report (PDF, 513KB)