15 minutes preparation + 17 minutes cooking
13 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup red or white wine (optional)
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 350g white fish fillets, cut into small pieces
- 100g scallops or scallop pieces (optional)
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, drained and chopped
Cook rice following packet directions. Heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until softened. Add tomatoes, chilli and wine and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, capsicum, peas, fish and scallops, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish and capsicum are cooked. Stir through spinach until wilted and mixed well with all ingredients.
You can use frozen fish in this recipe.
Prawns may replace the scallops, and other vegetables may be used, such as green beans, sweet corn and snow peas.
|Serves in this recipe: 4|
|Serve size: 475g|
|Quantity per serving||Quantity per 100g|