10 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
11 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 500g spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small celery, thinly sliced
- ½ capsicum, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small dice
- 570g tomato based pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain. Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook until soft. Add other vegetables, stirring until well mixed. Lower heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add pasta sauce to vegetables and heat through. Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Substitute other vegetables for those listed – use those you have in the refrigerator or freezer.
To add a serve of legumes to the meal, include a can of salt reduced red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
|Serves in this recipe: 5|
|Serve size: 361g|
|Quantity per serving||Quantity per 100g|