The Australian Dietary Guidelines (the Guidelines) provide up-to-date advice about the amount and kinds of foods that we need to eat for health and wellbeing. The recommendations are based on scientific evidence, developed after looking at good quality research.
By following the dietary patterns recommended in the Guidelines, we will get enough of the nutrients essential for good health and also help reduce our risk of chronic health problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, some cancers and obesity.
How to order Australian Dietary Guidelines publications
The following products are available in print form, at no cost, via National Mailing and Marketing. To place an order:
- Review the
- Take note of the reference code attached to each product.
- Contact National Mailing and Marketing on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6269 1080 to place an order.
Note: products marked with an asterisk (*) after the reference code are now not orderable. No back orders are being taken.
Australian Dietary Guidelines
Brochures, posters and more...
- NHMRC Ref N55b*
- NHMRC Ref N55f
- A1 size (extra large) NHMRC Ref N55l
- A3 size (medium) NHMRC Ref N55m
- A4 size (small) NHMRC Ref N55o
- A1 size (extra large) NHMRC Ref N55p
- A3 size (medium) NHMRC Ref N55q
- A4 size double sided with supporting information (small) NHMRC Ref N55r (PDF 4.3MB)
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating - Fridge Magnet (PDF, 306KB) NHMRC Ref N55i *
Infant Feeding Guidelines NHMRC Ref N56 *
Resources suitable for printing
Accessible versions of all resources
Resources in languages other than English
- Translated versions of the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating can be accessed from the NSW Health Multicultural Health Communication website.
About the Australian Dietary GuidelinesRead more
More detailed information about how the Australian Dietary Guidelines give advice on eating for health and wellbeing.
Australian Dietary Guidelines 1 - 5Read more
The five principal recommendations featured in the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
Australian Guide to Healthy EatingRead more
A daily food selection guide based on the five food groups.
Guideline DevelopmentRead more
Information on how the Australian Dietary Guidelines were developed?
Media ResourcesRead more
Journalist briefing, sample meal plans and links to the National health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) media release and launch address.