The Australian dietary guidelines (the guidelines) provide up-to-date advice about the amount and kinds of foods that we need to eat for health and wellbeing. The recommendations are based on scientific evidence, developed after looking at good quality research.
By following the dietary patterns recommended in the guidelines, we will get enough of the nutrients essential for good health and also help reduce our risk of chronic health problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, some cancers and obesity.
How to order Australian dietary guidelines publications
The following products are available in print form, at no cost, via National Mailing and Marketing. To place an order:
- Review the online ordering catalogue
- Take note of the reference code attached to each product.
- Contact National Mailing and Marketing on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6269 1080 to place an order.
Note: products marked with an asterisk (*) after the reference code are now not orderable. No back orders are being taken.
Australian dietary guidelines
- Australian dietary guidelines - providing the scientific evidence for healthier Australian diets (2013) *
Brochures, posters and more...
- Australian dietary guidelines - summary NHMRC Ref N55a *
- Eat for health Educator guide - Information for nutrition educators NHMRC Ref N55b*
- Giving your baby the best start - Brochure NHMRC Ref N55e
- Healthy eating for children - Brochure NHMRC Ref N55f
- Healthy eating for adults - Brochure NHMRC Ref N55g
- Healthy eating during your pregnancy - Brochure NHMRC Ref N55h
- Australian guide to healthy eating - Poster
- A1 size (extra large) NHMRC Ref N55l
- A3 size (medium) NHMRC Ref N55m
- A4 size (small) NHMRC Ref N55o
- Indigenous guide to healthy eating – Poster
- A1 size (extra large) NHMRC Ref N55p
- A3 size (medium) NHMRC Ref N55q
- A4 size double sided with supporting information (small) NHMRC Ref N55r (PDF 4.3MB)
- Eat for health: Dietary guidelines for all Australians - Poster NHMRC Ref N55j (available sizes A3 (medium))
- Eat for health: Dietary guidelines for all Australians (Indigenous) - Poster NHMRC Ref N55 (available sizes A2 (large))
- Australian guide to healthy eating - Fridge magnet (PDF, 306KB) NHMRC Ref N55i *
Infant feeding guidelines
- Infant feeding guidelines: Information for health workers (2012)NHMRC Ref N56 *
- Infant feeding guidelines: Summary (2012) NHMRC Ref N56b *
Resources suitable for printing
Accessible versions of all resources
Resources in languages other than English
- Translated versions of the Australian guide to healthy eating can be accessed from the NSW Health Multicultural Health Communication website.
About the Australian dietary guidelines
More detailed information about how the Australian dietary guidelines give advice on eating for health and wellbeing.
Read more about the the Australian dietary guidelines
Australian dietary guidelines 1 - 5
The five principal recommendations featured in the Australian dietary guidelines.
Read more about the the five principal recommendations
Australian guide to healthy eating
A daily food selection guide based on the five food groups.
Read more about the healthy eating guide
Information on how the Australian dietary guidelines were developed?
Read more about how the guidelines were developed
Journalist briefing, sample meal plans and links to the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) media release and launch address.
Read more about media resources